So far the upcoming presidential race has been pretty uneventful.
That is until Robert Novak decided to create drama. I think sometimes
reporters stray away from the Principles of Journalism in order
to get people to read their articles. Novak had every right to print his story, but in my opinion it was shady.
Ethically, he broke rule number six of the Principles of Journalism. It states,"This discussion serves society best when it is informed by facts rather than prejudice and supposition. It also should strive to fairly represent the varied viewpoints and interests in society, and to place them in context rather than highlight only the conflicting fringes of debate."
If Novak was sure of his sources, he should have waited to print the article until he had solid proof.
- Christmas parties are just another excuse to consu...
- Christmas Clip Art
- Christmas Cat
- sample pix
- Best Christmas Movie
- Master Chief will be coming into town for Christma...
- Christmas trees bound for troops' families EmailPr...
- Visit the North Pole
- Merry Christmas Balls
- Xmas Picture
- Christmas Picture
- Hooray for Asynchronous Internet!
- Libel definition
- Halo 3 Article
- I have taken a quote from CNN discussing Hillary C...
- quotes clinton/obama exchange gets nasty
- Employee rights
- Libel law changed forever in 1964 with the United ...
- Grouchy Student Has a Close Call
- Block Quote
- Sample blockquote -- Obama v. Clinton
- Spring semester internship opportunity
- Libel and HTML: In class Tuesday
- Turkey for me and Turkey for you
- Trash or Truth?
- Eye candy! Rushing the season ...
- "Dirty" Politics
- Gooble Gooble
- It's Aliiiive... Well, not quite
- Halo 3 Video on Youtube
- Gobble Gooble
- history of thanksgiving
- edited test
- Happy Thanksgiving: thanks to HTML
- Here's a valuable website ... www.journalism.org/
- State of the media in Springfield / READ
- For Thursday -- read and be ready to write
- Bernstein: 'Best obtainable version of truth'
- Creativity soars ... like a drowsy mammal!
- Weasel flier -- exercise in class 11/8
- COMM 393: Reminder on Senior Portfolios
- Media bias in eye of beholder?
- ▼ November (47)