Marqueta's post -- for COMM 337? -- moved from last year's COMM 207 blog. -- pe.
"I don’t think that we are going to have such a salutary view of what happened in the Clinton presidency. Clinton’s transgressions have little in common with Watergate, which was about a vast and pervasive abuse of power by a criminal president, who ordered break-ins and firebombings, who impeded the free electoral process, who instituted illegal wiretaps and used the Internal Revenue Service as a force for personal retribution...
I was talking about, about what we do. The rise of idiot culture, which we must resist, is taking place at a time when other institutions in this society, particularly our political institutions, particularly the American Congress, have been failing us, pandering even more shamefully to polls instead of engaging in problem-solving; responding to campaign contributions instead of to the real problems, fears, needs of the people of the country; surrendering too often to demagoguery and irrelevance instead of leading the people"
Berstein is a very 'real' reporter. He speaks on the things that Elite America runs from. Berstein talked about context. I believe that context in this sense deals with 'the given'.
- Christmas parties are just another excuse to consu...
- Christmas Clip Art
- Christmas Cat
- sample pix
- Best Christmas Movie
- Master Chief will be coming into town for Christma...
- Christmas trees bound for troops' families EmailPr...
- Visit the North Pole
- Merry Christmas Balls
- Xmas Picture
- Christmas Picture
- Hooray for Asynchronous Internet!
- Libel definition
- Halo 3 Article
- I have taken a quote from CNN discussing Hillary C...
- quotes clinton/obama exchange gets nasty
- Employee rights
- Libel law changed forever in 1964 with the United ...
- Grouchy Student Has a Close Call
- Block Quote
- Sample blockquote -- Obama v. Clinton
- Spring semester internship opportunity
- Libel and HTML: In class Tuesday
- Turkey for me and Turkey for you
- Trash or Truth?
- Eye candy! Rushing the season ...
- "Dirty" Politics
- Gooble Gooble
- It's Aliiiive... Well, not quite
- Halo 3 Video on Youtube
- Gobble Gooble
- history of thanksgiving
- edited test
- Happy Thanksgiving: thanks to HTML
- Here's a valuable website ... www.journalism.org/
- State of the media in Springfield / READ
- For Thursday -- read and be ready to write
- Bernstein: 'Best obtainable version of truth'
- Creativity soars ... like a drowsy mammal!
- Weasel flier -- exercise in class 11/8
- COMM 393: Reminder on Senior Portfolios
- Media bias in eye of beholder?
- ▼ November (47)