There were quite a few things wrong with the Gore poll. When using the AP Stlyebook you can find how a correct poll should be done on page 193-194.
There was no percentage for the mrgin of error in the poll. It didn’t say who was being interviewed or if it was a random sampling. It didn’t say who the poll is being sponsored by. It didn’t say how the poll was conducted via internet or phone conversations. It didn’t say how many people were interviewed during the poll.
This was a group assignment right????
- News values: A classic man-bites-dog story
- Links for copyeditors (and that would be us)
- Today's headline writing exercises
- Polls and surveys -- this one's better
- Looky, looky what Blogger can do!
- poll corrections
- Poll Analysis
- 5% Increase for Hilary!
- Poll Reveals Trib’s Disappointing Omission
- Polled in what direction?
- Tribs Errors
- Polls poles...
- What the poll?
- Polls, Polls, Polls
- Major Error Blown by the "Windy City" Tribune
- Punch Line Without Context
- Sample html
- Here is a fun link Check it out.
- !?<<<?I think I hate HTML./>>>/??
- Logging on.
- No trouble
- W3C standards-based tutorial on HTML -- how cool a...
- first post
- What's wrong with this poll?
- Hey Doc, I was able to get on the blogger with no ...
- Welcome to our comm207fall08 blog
- ▼ October (30)